JMatPro in brief
JMatPro is a product of Sente Software Ltd. in Guildford/UK. We are representative in German speaking countries and offer sales, support, services and trainings.
JMatPro is the best-practice tool for the calculation of temperature-dependent materials properties for a variety of technical alloys, e.g. steels, nickel, aluminum, titanium, magnesium, cobalt, zirconium, copper alloys and tin-based solder:
- Phase equilibria, phase transformations based on thermodynamics/Calphad
- Solidification simulation (Scheil, back diffusion)
- Phase transformation and precipitation diagrams (TTT, CCT, TTP),
- Physical properties, e.g. thermal expansions, heat capacities
- Mechanical-technological properties, e.g. strength, flow curves
- Export of material cards to various CAE systems
JMatPro is popular in many companies around the world and is also increasingly used in education and research:
- Development / optimization of materials / technologies
- Generation of material data for CAE / FEM calculations
JMatPro has an easy to use graphical user interface and is also liked by occasional users. Even for complex alloys it delivers tangible results in a short time.
Unique Selling Points
- JMatPro is unique worldwide by the combination of solid and user-friendly thermodynamics (CalPhaD) together with the calculation of material properties
- JMatPro provides consistent results over a wide range of compositions by applying solid thermodynamics + physically based models
- JMatPro extends equilibrium calculations by application of practical calculation modules for phase transformations and precipitations
- JMatPro has a great usability and requires minimal effort for learning and training
- JMatPro uses fast and robust algorithms, so that even complex multi-component alloys are calculated in short time
- JMatPro allows the calculation of accurate material cards for a variety of CAE systems
Users and Community
JMatPro is under continuous development at the team of Sente Software Ltd. in Guildford/UK. Regular user meetings in Germany and in the USA promote a lively exchange of experiences so that the further development is driven by practical requirements.
The community of happy users is continuously growing – we are trying to support this by organizing of customer events, user meetings and specific training courses. Please ask us for references for your industry.
Our next events (training, customer meeting, user meeting) can be found here.
Interfaces and Materials Cards
JMatPro provides interfaces to leading CAE tools. It generates specific material cards using the chemical composition and some boundary conditions as input. Examples for supported systems are:
- Simufact (Simufact.forming – forming simulation, Simufact.premap – heat treatment simulation)
- Deform (Deform – Forming simulation, Deform-HT – Heat-treatment simulation)
- Forge (forming simulation)
- QForm (forming simulation)
- LS-Dyna (forming simulation)
- Dynaweld (welding simulation mit LS-Dyna)
- Sysweld (welding simulation)
- Ansys (generic FEM simulation)
- Magmasoft (solidification simulation)
- TherCast (solidification simulation)
- Flow3D (solidification simulation)
Data can also be written as ASCII files or extracted using copy / paste.
Aluminium Praxis 06/2017:
Material data simulation optimizes value chains
Werkstoffe in der Fertigung 2016:
Competitive advantages through simulation-based material and process development using the example of aluminum
Product-oriented material development with JMatPro
Stahl und Eisen 07/2017:
Stable processes and superior solutions through material data in value chains
Optimization of materials and processing processes using the example of aluminum
Calculation of material data for forging processes
Stahl und Eisen 5/2011:
Material simulation in steelworks – process reliability through consistent material data